Reward-Based Handling Methods
Indoor Play Area
Crated Breaks & Nap Time
Play Groups for Dogs up to 60lbs
At K9HQ we abide by the highest recommended standards in this unregulated industry which includes low staff to dog ratios of maximum 1:13, separate play groups based on size and temperament, and science based education for all staff. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of dogs in our care.
We promote a fun and positive atmosphere using reward-based handling methods and do not condone the use of fear, intimidation or physical force.
If your dog enjoys the company of other dogs, is comfortable or warms up quickly with strangers and demonstrates appropriate social skills, K9HQ could be the right fit. With safe, supervised interactions for dogs of all ages, our daycare allows for pent-up energy to be released through play, helps young dogs learn crucial socialization skills and to read body language, and establishes life long friendships for dogs to thrive.
WHAT WE DO
- Reward-based handling methods
- Play groups fully supervised at all times
- Small dogs play safely with dogs up to 35lbs*
- Medium dogs play safely with dogs 35-60lbs**
- Evaluation process to ensure safe, appropriate playmates
- Crated rests between play to prevent over-exertion & over-stimulation
- Open, honest communication regarding behaviour or health concerns
*Weight categories are not absolute. Individual temperaments are factored when constructing play groups.
**Dogs over 60lbs with soft temperaments who prefer smaller playmantes may be considered.
- Climate controlled indoor space with heat and air conditioning
- Multi-gate system for maximum security
- Low-impact rubber flooring
- Indoor potty areas accessible during all play time
We DO NOT accept dogs with aggression history or unknown social skills.
- Weighs no more than 60lbs (we are a smaller facility for small and medium dogs)
- Crate trained (within the past 3 months)
- No bite history
- Friendly off-leash with dogs and people
- Current vaccines for DHPP & Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
- On a flea-preventative year-round
- Males: neutered if over 6 months
- Females: must stay home while in heat
- Rescues: minimum 1 month post-adoption
- Puppies: minimum 2 sets of vaccinations
Dogs with illness symptoms including, but not limited to, persistent coughing, hacking, sneezing, vomiting, or diarrhea may be quarantined and sent home.
In such a circumstance, an owner or emergency contact person must be available to pick up as soon as possible for the health and safety of your dog and all the other dogs in our care.
10 Day Pass
1 Hour Trial
2 Hour Trial
- Discounts available for multiple dogs in the same household.
- Half days are up to 5 hours.
- 10-Day Multi-Pass must be used within a calendar month.
- 1 & 2 hour trials available for new dogs requiring a gradual entry.
- All prices plus 5% GST.
K9HQ’s evaluation assessment ensures that we are the right fit for your dog by allowing your dog to meet us, acclimate to the environment and meet a canine friend.
- Information video provided via email
- Tour of facility
- All questions answered
- Drop dog off with us for about 30 minutes (wait in parking lot to come in as soon as we’re finished)
- A report card and conversation detailing whether or not K9HQ is the ideal fit for your dog at this time
After passing the initial evaluation, three half days (under 5 hours), or 1-2 hour trial days are the final steps in the trial period, booked no more than 7 days apart.
If we determine that your dog isn’t right for our daycare it does not mean you have a bad or difficult dog, it may simply mean that our environment was not the best fit for them. Each dog’s safety and well-being is our top priority and while we strive to create a comfortable environment, there is no perfect setting for every dog. We will always be honest with you, and if possible, will help guide you to a care provider that better suits your dog’s needs.
Book an Evaluation
- Complete the Daycare Application Form
- Submit Vaccination Records via email
- We will contact you to schedule your session
The girls at K9HQ truly love the doggos in their care, we are so happy we chose K9HQ for our Wynston, he is happy and you can tell he had a fun day. If we could give them a 10 rating, we would!!!
Bentley has been to 3 daycares on the island, and this is the best! He always comes home happy and relaxed. Friendly staff, positive and safe environment, structured schedule, report cards and cameras so you know how your dog is doing… Great place – would highly recommend!