C L A S S E S
TO REGISTER FOR A CLASS:
All obedience classes are suitable for friendly dogs with no bite history. If you’re unsure if your dog qualifies please contact us to discuss.
For Leash Lungers class an application form will be provided and must be completed prior to being waitlisted.
TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2021 – OPEN
TUESDAY, MAY 4, 2021 – FULL
- 4 WEEKS LONG
- $140 + TAX
- 8-14 WEEKS OLD (at start of first class)
- 1st SET OF VACCINATIONS REQUIRED
By the time a puppy has reached 18 weeks old they are already past the most important socialization period of their lives. Start your puppy off on the right paw during those impressionable early weeks in this class that includes socialization skills, solutions to common puppy problems and an intro to basic obedience to help your puppy become a manageable, confident and happy dog. This fun and interactive class helps strengthen the bond between you and your new puppy.
- Puppy Play & Socialization
- Greeting Strangers
- Intro to Obedience
- Food & Object Guarding Prevention
- Sound Sensitivity Prevention
- Body Handling Acceptance
- Grooming & Vet Care Prep
- Exploration of Novel Objects & Surfaces
- Solutions for Biting, Chewing and House training
TUESDAY, MAY 4, 2021 – OPEN
- 8 WEEKS
- $280 + TAX
- MINIMUM 4 MONTHS OF AGE
- No minimum skill level required!
Our Basic Obedience class is the complete package to teach your friendly dog the necessary life skills for at home and on the go. Whether you have a puppy, a newly adopted rescue, or an adult dog who is simply uneducated or could use a refresh on obedience skills, this is the class for you! We focus on life skills to help dogs learn to be polite and enjoyable pets while providing a fun and positive bonding experience for you and your dog!
Investing in your dog’s education will help them to safely and happily succeed living in our society. Most dog behaviours that we consider to be rude are actually completely natural behaviours from a dog’s perspective. These include jumping up, pulling on the leash or ignoring a recall while chasing a squirrel. It is up to us to teach them what we would rather they do instead and to show them that they will be compensated for these new desirable behaviours through use of rewards. We can help you become the most exciting thing in the world to your dog!
- Sit & Down
- Stay – with distance & duration
- Wait – before going through doorways
- Leave-it – don’t touch dropped items or bait found on the ground
- Crate Training – learn to love their crate!
- No Jumping!
- Emergency Recall – coming away from distractions
- Loose-Leash Walking
- Focus skills
- Heel – passing dogs & people
- Polite greetings with strangers
- 6 WEEKS
- $210 + TAX
- FOR BASICS CLASS GRADS (or equivalent)
Does your dog listen great at home in a calm environment but seem to forget or ignore everything as soon as they get outside in the real world or when something more interesting comes along? This class takes your dog’s skills out in the real world where things can come up on the fly. Our interactive outdoor advanced class meets in a different location each week within the Langford area and focuses on maintaining polite manners in any situation.
What you’ll learn:
- Recall on Long Lines
- Leave it from Novel Items
- Loose Leash Trail Walking
- Polite Greetings Anywhere
- Focus in New Environments
- Heel past Strangers and Dogs
- Stay with Outdoor Distractions
(Reactive Dog Class)
Contact Allison with Ethical Canine
for Next Session Dates
- 8 WEEKS
- $300+ TAX
- CONTACT ALLISON AT ETHICAL CANINE to register
Reactive dog classes have become widely available and can be very helpful! However, you must make sure the class is right for your dog.
A dog who is displaying aggressive or fearful behaviour towards other dogs needs positive, safe & happy experiences with other dogs, so a class should be relaxed & enjoyable for both of you.
Our ‘Leash Lungers’ class teaches you how to stop your dog from lunging and barking, walk nicely on a leash, and pay attention to you, even around distractions. As a handler, you will also learn to read your dog’s body language, understand stress and how it impacts your dog and become a more confident handler.